Section Chair: Brad J. Hendrick
Lawyers Serving Boulder, Denver, Fort Collins & all of Northern Colorado
Our immigration practice focuses on assisting with issues relating to employment of foreign workers. We work with employers in obtaining temporary visas for foreign workers, and assist employees seeking permanent residence and citizenship in the United States. We can assist established businesses, as well as emerging companies and entrepreneurs in their immigration planning. We also assist employers in creating immigration compliance plans and policies to ensure compliance with federal and state immigration requirements. In addition, our comprehensive practice includes assisting U.S. citizens and permanent residents in family reunification petitions and representing individuals fleeing persecution and fighting removal from the United States.
Our immigration services include:
- Preparing visa applications for companies that employ foreign workers throughout the United States.
- Obtaining labor certification and permanent residence for foreign workers.
- Advice, training and assistance in preparing immigration compliance policies and handling day-to-day immigration issues, such as I-9 compliance, Colorado affirmation compliance, and immigration benefit policies.
- Preparing or reviewing compliance plans, and enforcement response procedures.
- Assisting lawful permanent residents in obtaining U.S. citizenship.
- Assisting family members and newlyweds in obtaining immigration status for loved ones.
- Representing non-citizens in removal proceedings.
- Advising on global migration issues.
Our experience allows a great deal of immigration work to be performed on a "flat fee" basis, allowing our clients cost certainty in the immigration process, and representation in an efficient, expeditious and cost effective manner.
We represent all types of employers, and our team has specific experience with the unique issues facing the health care, energy, and technology industries. We guide our clients through the immigration maze with creative solutions and a recognition that each case provides an opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our clients. Our immigration team has assisted clients with:
- Helping employers find the global talent necessary to grow their businesses.
- Assisting physicians and allied health-care providers in obtaining visas and permanent residence.
- Assisting entrepreneurs obtain visas to pursue investments and develop their businesses in the United States.
- Designing immigration compliance plans and procedure manuals for companies in industries that traditionally require non-citizen labor.
- Representing refugees and asylum seekers in flight from persecution.
- Assisting family members with family-based petitions for relatives.
- Defend employers and supervisors against race, gender and disability-based retaliation claims in federal and state court.
- Defending foreign nationals in removal proceedings.
- Consulting employers in the global movement of mission-critical personnel.
Our value-added services:
To help our employment law clients stay knowledgeable and proactive regarding new laws, pending regulations, compliance standards and other emerging issues that could affect their organization, we offer a number of value-added informational services. As a client, you receive the benefits of our perspective and legal analysis with:
- Immigration Law Updates
- Events including webinars and professional development training.