Jim Branum is an experienced attorney whose practice focuses primarily on providing general counsel services to school districts, health service districts and other clients statewide. He provides assistance to both public and private entities in transactional matters, real estate, employment counseling, labor negotiations, as well as policy, governance, and operational matters. Mr. Branum also serves as issuers’ or borrowers’ counsel for public entities in public finance matters.
Mr. Branum serves as a managing member of Caplan & Earnest, where his expertise and broad experience allow him to marshal the unique talents of the firm to resolve complex issues quickly and successfully. He joined Caplan & Earnest in 1999, and previously worked in private practice and as in-house counsel for a regional bank holding company in Memphis, Tenn. In addition to his professional accomplishments, Mr. Brannum is an avid cyclist and enjoys taking advantage of Colorado’s exceptional cycling environment.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D.
- University of Tennessee, B.A.
Professional Credentials & Activities
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Boulder County Bar Association
- Recipient, University of Tennessee Alumni Association Valedictorian Award