Northern Colorado’s premier business journal, BizWest, released its 2022 Mercury 100 awards, and it ranked…
BOULDER, Colo. (Nov. 17, 2020) — Caplan & Earnest, LLC announced that it has added five experienced attorneys and three paralegals as part of the firm’s newly created Family Law/Divorce practice group. The addition means Caplan & Earnest now has 35 attorneys focusing on eight practice areas – Education Law, Health Law, Litigation, Immigration Law, Business Law, Compliance & Workplace Investigations, Estate Planning/Probate/Wills/Trusts and now Family/Divorce Law.
All five attorneys joined Caplan & Earnest from the longtime Boulder/Vail firm Stevens, Littman, Biddison, Tharp, & Weinberg, LLC, and they have practiced together for decades. Andrew Littman, who has 40 years of Family Law/Divorce experience in Boulder and Vail, leads the new practice group. The attorneys who have joined Caplan & Earnest are:
- Andrew Littman – Mr. Littman has 40 years of experience handling divorce, probate, business, real estate, securities law, investment fraud, and complex trials. He has prevailed at the Colorado Supreme Court and prides himself on tireless advocacy and personally connecting with his clients. He earned his J.D. from the University of the Pacific and his bachelor’s degree from the University of Colorado Boulder. Mr. Littman serves as the board chair of The Eagle River Scholarship Fund among several other nonprofit organizations. He is married with three adventurous children and enjoys backcountry and alpine skiing, mountain biking, hiking, along with jazz.
- Chris Tomchuck – Mr. Tomchuck has been a Colorado Bar Fellow since 2017. He is also a former president of the Colorado Divide Bar Association and was a representative to the Board of Governors of the Colorado Bar Association for almost a decade. Currently, Mr. Tomchuck is a board member of the Colorado Association of Family and Conciliation Courts. He earned his J.D. from Wayne State University Law School in 2004 and his bachelor’s degrees in international Relations and Political Economy from James Madison College at Michigan State University. Prior to entering law school, Mr. Tomchuck worked for John Nuveen Investments in Chicago as a securities broker in the Defined Portfolio department. He and his wife are parents of two young boys, and he is an avid hiker, mountain biker and skier.
- Rohn K. Robbins – Mr. Robbins has more than 35 years of experience representing clients in family/divorce law, civil litigation, real estate and business transactions. He earned his J.D. degree cum laude from the University of San Diego School of Law and three separate bachelor’s degrees, all of which were earned magna cum laude, from San Diego State University. Mr. Robbins has been a weekly legal columnist for 25 years, has two novels currently in print, is the founder and chair of an acclaimed non-profit The Vail Charitable Fund, and has served on and chaired several other nonprofit boards. He is married with two grown sons and enjoys road cycling, skiing, traveling, politics, history and reading.
- Craig Weinberg – Weinberg has more than 30 years of experience in the areas of divorce, contracts, debtor-creditor issues, real estate, and appeals. He earned his J.D. from the University of Colorado School of Law and his bachelor’s degree from University of Colorado Boulder. He is licensed to practice before all Colorado state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court. Before entering private practice, Mr. Weinberg served as a law clerk at the Colorado Court of Appeals for the Honorable Jose D.L. Marquez. Mr. Weinberg has served as counsel in a number of published appellate decisions, including, In re Marriage of Durie, 456 P.3d 463 (Colo. 2020),In re Marriage of Lohman, 361 P.3d 1110 (Colo. App. 2015), Shaw v. 17 W. Mill Street, LLC, 307 P.3d 1046 (Colo. 2013), Newflower Market, Inc. v. Cook, 229 P.3d 1058 (Colo. 2010), In re Marriage of Powell, 220 P.3d 952 (Colo. App. 2009), In re Marriage of Dale and Major, 87 P.3d 219 (Colo. App. 2004), In re Marriage of Balanson, 25 P.3d 28 (Colo. 2001) (the leading case on division of stock options in divorce as well as issues concerning family trusts), Magin v. DVCO Fuel Systems, Inc., 981 P.2d 673 (Colo. App. 1999), Childers v. Quartz Creek Land Company, 946 P.2d 534 (Colo. App. 1997), Rios v. Mireles, 937 P.2d 840 (Colo. App. 1996), In re Marriage of Rosenthal, 903 P.2d 1174 (Colo. App. 1995), Wiley v. Mayer, 876 P.2d 1260 (Colo.1994). In his spare time, Mr. Weinberg enjoys playing golf, running and working out.
- Delphine L. Farr – Ms. Farr has more than 20 years of experience in high-value domestic matters, legal ethics, and general civil litigation. She earned her J.D. from Emory University School of Law. After living in the U.S. Virgin Islands, where she served as Chief Disciplinary Counsel, Ms. Farr especially appreciates the beauty of Colorado’s changing seasons. In her free time, Ms. Farr can be found hiking and skiing with her son Oliver, baking bread, or working in her garden where she collects rare alpine and perennial flowers – especially delphiniums.
“For more than 50 years, Caplan & Earnest has cultivated a reputation for having innovative attorneys who bring a problem solving/creative/professionally excellent approach to client matters,” said Jim Branum, managing member. “We’re excited to have these five experienced attorneys join our firm and bring that level of innovation and attention to our new Family/Divorce Law practice. Their knowledge, experience and professionalism will greatly benefit our clients throughout Colorado.”
About Caplan & Earnest
Caplan & Earnest is a Boulder-based law firm that serves clients throughout Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region. The firm offers innovative legal solutions to complex business challenges for clients that include educational institutions, health care organizations, large corporations, small businesses and individuals. For more than 50 years, Caplan & Earnest has thrived by creating a culture of respect for our clients, and its difference is talented and innovative attorneys who bring a collaborative approach to client matters. Please visit www.celaw.com for more information.