We are looking for a team player to join our litigation group as a paralegal. Our paralegal performs the following responsibilities:
- Prepare, organize, and draft legal documents.
- Experience creating and editing documents, such as motions, pleadings, disclosures, depositions, and other litigation documents.
- Experience in taking a case from initial contact through trial preparation and completion.
- Filing documents with courts and other required parties.
- Conduct research and compile case information.
- Organize, review, and manage all case files and deadlines.
- Assist attorneys and clients by obtaining necessary documents.
- Review and organize case documents.
- Maintain and update client electronic files.
- Assist attorneys by managing all case organization, calendaring, appointments, and case deadlines.
- Assist attorneys with organizing meetings with witnesses and legal experts.
- Draft and manage correspondence for attorneys.
- Draft and compose all communications.
- Ensure appropriate attachments are included in the correspondence.
- Prepare letters, memos, and other communications.
- Work with clients to obtain documents and set up appointments.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience as a civil litigation paralegal or related experience.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Strong review and proof-reading skills of legal documents.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Experience with electronic trial management software preferred.
Annual salary range is $70,000 to $90,000 based on experience. Benefits include health benefits, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K plan, Paid Time Off, Paid Family Leave, flexible and hybrid work options.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please email us to start a conversation:
Director of Human Resources & Operations
(No phone calls, please)
The employment policy of Caplan and Earnest LLC is to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because the employee or applicant is a member of a protected class defined by race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In addition, the firm is committed to providing a workplace free of harassment. The firm strongly disapproves of and will not tolerate such discrimination against or harassment of employees by managers, supervisors, coworkers or others. Further, applicants and employees are protected by this policy and the law from retaliation for filing bona fide complaints or assisting in the investigation of complaints of discrimination.
To implement these policies, the firm will continue to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, otherwise qualified handicap or disability, or veteran status; support the principle of equal employment opportunity in its employment decisions; and take personnel actions (including, without limitation, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, firm-sponsored training, education, social and recreational programs) without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or otherwise qualified handicap or disability, or veteran status.
Caplan and Earnest LLC maintains this recruiting page to provide information about potential employment opportunities to prospective applicants.
THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT ARE NOT AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONTRACT OR PROMISE GUARANTEEING THE EXISTENCE OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY POSITION, THE DECISION TO GRANT AN INTERVIEW OR TO HIRE, OR ANY TERM OR CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT WITH THE FIRM FOR ANY PERIOD. THE FIRM RESERVES DISCRETION TO UNILATERALLY ADD, MODIFY, DELETE OR OTHERWISE CHANGE THIS WEBPAGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE OR OTHER CONSIDERATION.
EMPLOYMENT AT THE FIRM IS ON AN AT-WILL BASIS. THIS MEANS THAT THE FIRM OR EACH PERSON WHO IS HIRED BY THE FIRM IS FREE TO TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE. NO REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FIRM, EXCEPT MANAGEMENT, HAS AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO ANY AGREEMENT WITH ANY EMPLOYEE RELATING TO ANY TERM OR CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AGREEMENT FOR EMPLOYMENT FOR ANY SPECIFIED PERIOD, OR TO MAKE ANY PROMISES OR COMMITMENTS CONTRARY TO THE FOREGOING. FURTHER, ANY EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT ENTERED INTO BY MANAGEMENT SHALL NOT BE VALID OR ENFORCEABLE UNLESS IT IS IN WRITING AND SIGNED BY BOTH PARTIES.