Cathleen McCaffrey is an attorney in Caplan & Earnest’s Health Law section. She brings extensive knowledge of health care legal and regulatory affairs, including CMS and Medicare audits, HIPAA compliance, peer reviews, medical malpractice defense, and state and federal regulatory compliance. She also has trial experience in both Colorado and Texas venues.
Most recently, Cathleen worked for a Denver-based firm where she managed a rapidly expanding docket of personal injury, medical malpractice, landlord-tenant, and premises liability lawsuits, including drafting of dispositive motions, discovery analysis relating to large volume of policies, and procedures of concern.
Cathleen also worked as an associate attorney in health care for a law firm based in Houston and ran the continuing legal education department for a tax consulting firm also based in Texas. She earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of Houston and her J.D. degree from the South Texas College of Law.
Cathleen is of Dominican and Swiss heritage, is a native Spanish speaker, and in her spare time enjoys cooking family recipes, traveling, and beach days with her daughter and husband.
- South Texas College of Law, J.D.
- CALI Award Winner [Highest Grade]: Administration of Estates, & Land Use Management & Control
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship Recipient
- University of Houston, B.A. – Art History (Summa Cum Laude)
Admittances & Licenses
Professional Credentials & Activities
- Certified Mediator by The Frank Evans Center for Dispute Resolution
- Phi Alpha Delta National Member, 2013-Present
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association