Michael W. Schreiner
Michael Schreiner is an experienced attorney who specializes in employment issues, employment related litigation, commercial litigation and public education. He has assisted a wide variety of clients public and private, healthcare providers, municipalities, individuals and corporations. Additionally, he has expertise as an independent outside investigator concerning claims of protected class discrimination, harassment, retaliation and Title IX violations. Mr. Schreiner counsels clients on a variety of employment and labor related issues, including avoiding discrimination and harassment claims, conducting workplace investigations, the creation and enforcement of noncompetition and other employment and consulting agreements, wage and hour issues, and other federal regulatory matters including FMLA, ADA and ADEA compliance. He also has extensive experience defending clients against claims of violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act, and Constitutional and common law torts. Additionally, Mr. Schreiner specializes in civil litigation in all courts in Colorado, as well as in state and federal administrative venues, including professional license revocation matters. He has presented at numerous professional organizations regarding best employment practices and legal updates.
Mr. Schreiner served in the Colorado’s attorney general’s office representing Colorado’s public universities and colleges from 1990 to 1995. He also served as associate general counsel for the Colorado State University system, where he was part of a legal team responsible for all legal matters affecting the system’s universities. He served as associate university counsel in the University of Colorado’s litigation department. While there, Mr. Schreiner was part of a team responsible for all litigation involving the Board of Regents, its constituent campuses and its employees. He is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Colorado (1985), U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit (1986) and the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado (1986).
- University of Denver College of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A.
Professional Credentials & Memberships
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado
Admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Colorado, U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, National Association of School Board Attorneys
- Faculty of Federal Advocates (10th Circuit)
Pro Bono & Volunteer Activities
- Legal Committee for the Community Foundation of Boulder, Member
- Brenman, Raskin Friedlob & Tennenbaum, P.C., Associate, 1985-1990
- Colorado Office of the Attorney General, Assistant Attorney General, 1990-1995
- Colorado State University System, Associate General Counsel, 1995-1999
- University of Colorado Litigation Office, Associate University Counsel, 1999-2004