Sheryl K. Bridges
Sheryl Bridges is Special Counsel at Caplan & Earnest. She is an experienced attorney who specializes in health care law with expertise in medical malpractice, contractual disputes, professional licensing and related employment matters. She has also counseled clients on health care regulations including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), as well as risk management and employment practices, including practice policies/procedures and employee handbooks.
With 10 years of experience in health care law, Ms. Bridges has co-authored two Medical Malpractice Law chapters in the Annual Survey of Colorado, presented on a number of health care law subjects and has been recognized by Denver’s 5280 magazine as a rising star in the legal arena. She volunteers her services with the Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy network, which allows her to utilize her Spanish skills while advocating on behalf of those who are unable to do so themselves. She also acts as a judge for the University of Denver Sturm College of Law’s various legal competitions and sits on the University of Colorado School of Medicine Admissions Committee.
In addition to her professional accomplishments, Ms. Bridges enjoys playing the flute, piccolo and piano, and exploring Colorado’s great outdoors with her husband and three children.
- George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, J.D.
- University of Colorado at Boulder, B.A. in Spanish for the Professions
Professional Credentials & Memberships
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District Court of Colorado and The U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Serves on Admissions Committee for University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Sigma Delta Phi (Spanish National Honor Society)
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Arts and Sciences Student Government
- Mental Illness Legal Clinic
- Trial Advocacy Group
- Environmental Law Society, Treasurer, Member
Pro Bono & Volunteer Activities
- Volunteer Attorney, Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network
- Trustee, Escuela de Guadalupe
- Mentor, University of Denver Sturm College of Law Mentoring Program
- Volunteer Judge, University of Denver Sturm College of Law legal competitions
- Mentor, 2015 Colorado Defense Lawyers Association of Trial Academy
- Fennemore Craig, P.C., Attorney, 2014-2017
- Kennedy Childs, P.C., Attorney, 2007-2014
- 19thJudicial District of Virginia, Law Clerk, 2006-2007
- The Employment Law Group, Law Clerk, 2004-2006
- Senate Judiciary Committee, Legal Intern, 2005
- Booz Allen Hamilton, Senior Consultant, 2000-2004
News & Published Works
- Medical Malpractice Law Chapter, Annual Survey of Colorado Law, Co-author, 2014 & 2015