Terry Cipoletti is an experienced attorney who specializes in health law with a focus on civil litigation and regulatory law. Additionally, he has represented healthcare providers, hospitals, private practices, nonprofit clinics, correctional healthcare providers and administrators, dental companies, medical device and pharmaceutical companies, mental health and behavioral health entities, and senior care, skilled nursing and long-term care entities.
For the past two decades, Mr. Cipoletti has defended individuals and entities on a wide variety of claims in Colorado state and federal courts, at the trial and appellate level, and has represented clients before government agencies and boards. For more than 14 years he has focused on health law, most recently with an emphasis on:
- Privacy and data security
- HIPAA breach response, risk assessment, training
- Correctional healthcare – civil rights defense
- Premises and product liability
- Medical negligence
- Medicare and Medicaid
Mr. Cipoletti frequently presents at conferences and trainings for healthcare organizations and professionals. He has served on executive and management committees in addition to boards of directors and serves as a mentor to new attorneys through the Colorado Attorney Mentor Program.
- University of Colorado Law School, J.D.
Recipient, Judge Alfred A. Arraj Scholarship, 1996-1997
Nominee, Sutcliffe Distinguished Service Award, 1998
Founder and President, OUTlaw, 1997-1999
- College of William & Mary, B.A.
Omicrom Delta Kappa Honor Society
Mortar Board Honor Society
Professional Credentials & Memberships
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Court of Colorado and the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Pro Bono & Volunteer Activities
- Volunteer, Colorado Attorney Mentor Program
- Boulder Pride, Board of Directors, 2002-2007
- Boulder Pride, President, 2005-2006
- Volunteer, Boulder County AIDS Project, 1998-2003
- Fennemore Craig, P.C., Of Counsel
- Kennedy Childs P.C., Attorney and Shareholder