Brad J. Hendrick
Member; Immigration Law Section Leader
Brad Hendrick leads Caplan & Earnest’s Immigration Law section. His practice focuses on immigration and employer compliance and planning, and he counsels companies and individuals on all types of immigration matters, including assisting public and private organizations with visas and permanent residence for employees.
Mr. Hendrick regularly counsels organizations on issues related to E-2, H-1B, L-1, J-1, O-1 visas and other visas that allow work, study, or training in the United States. He also assists employees and families with obtaining permanent residence, citizenship, assisting with PERM labor certifications, multinational manager petitions, outstanding professor and researcher cases, extraordinary and exceptional ability petitions, national interest waivers, family relative petitions, and immigration compliance and visa options for U.S. citizens seeking to work and live outside the United States.
Mr. Hendrick also offers counsel on a variety of immigration and compliance issues, representing employers in OCAHO proceedings related to I-9 violations, and counseling and training on best practices for immigration compliance. This includes training staff on I-9 completion, performing and overseeing I-9 audits, and counseling on state compliance processes.
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D.
- University of Colorado Leeds School of Business, M.B.A.
- University of Michigan, B.A. in Political Science and Sociology, with Honors
Professional Credentials & Activities
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado
- Colorado Super Lawyers, 2015-2021
- Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2009-2013
- Law Week Colorado Up-and-Coming Lawyer, 2007
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2018
News & Published Works
- Proving Ability to Pay, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Colorado Chapter Fall Conference, October 2014.
- Filing Form I-140 After Approval of a PERM Labor Certification,American Immigration Lawyers Association, Immigration Fundamentals, 2013-2014 Ed., June 2013. Co-author.
- Immigrant and Nonimmigrant Visa Options for Physicians, Immigration Law For The Colorado Practitioner, Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Colorado Bar Association, December 2012.
- Immigrant and Nonimmigrant Visa Options for Professional Nurses, Immigration Law For The Colorado Practitioner, Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Colorado Bar Association. September 2011.
- E-1 Treaty Traders and E-2 Treaty Investors, Immigration Law For The Colorado Practitioner, Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Colorado Bar Association, September 2011.
- Strategic Decisions in Business and Immigration Law: Choosing the Right Entity to Accomplish Your Client’s Business and Immigration Goals,American Immigration Lawyers Association, Fall Conference, September 2011. Co-author.
- Issues and Updates in Fraud Investigations,American Immigration Lawyers Association, Immigration Practice Pointers, 2011-2012 Ed., June 2011. Co-author.
- Immigration Considerations for Corporate Mergers, Acquisitions, and Restructuring,American Immigration Lawyers Association, Immigration Practice Pointers, 2010-2011 Ed., June 2010. Co-author.
- Changes to the H-2B Program and the Impact on Employers, National Ski Areas Association Journal, April/May 2009.
Seminars & Presentations
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Colorado Chapter Conference, I Want to Start a Business! Immigration Options for Entrepreneurs, October 2015.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, 2015 Paralegals Conference, Legal Concepts in Preparing an L-1 Petition, August 2015, Las Vegas, NV.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association National Annual Conference, Introduction to the Employment-Based Immigration Preference Categories, June 2015, Washington, DC.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Colorado Chapter, Basics of PERM Labor Certification, April 2015.
- Colorado Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, Immigrant Visa Options for Business,April 2015.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Colorado Chapter Conference, Prevailing Wage Determination and Evidence of Ability to Pay Wages, October 2014.
- Collegiate Career Services Association of Colorado and Wyoming Annual Conference, Immigration Issues for Foreign Students, May 2014.
- Techstars Boulder, icode Immigration: Accelerating Immigration Reform, April 2014.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Colorado Chapter, E-1 and E-2 Visas, April 2014.
- Colorado Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, What Businesses Need to Know About Immigration Law,November 2013.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association National Annual Conference, My Labor Certification Was Approved, Now What? Nuts and Bolts of an I-140 Petition, June 2013, San Francisco, CA.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Webinar, Issues in FDNS Investigations, July 2012.
- Silicon Flatirons, “Crash Course: Immigration Law for Entrepreneurs” May 2012.
- Colorado Association of School Boards, Immigration and Education – Legal Updates and Best Practices,October 2011.
- Boulder County Bar Association, What Every Business Lawyer Needs to Know About Immigration Law, May 2010.
- Colorado Association of Homes and Services for the Aging Annual Conference, Immigration Options and Compliance for the Healthcare Industry, May 2010.
- Colorado Hospital Association, Immigration and Rural Healthcare, April 2010.
- University of Colorado Leeds School of Business, Immigration Options for Foreign Students, October 2009.
- University of Denver Strategic Issues Program, Immigration Law 101 – Where is the Legal Immigration System Broken?May 2009.
- Mountain Plains Health Consortium, Immigration Overview and Options for the Health Care Industry in Hiring Foreign Nationals, January 2009.
- Colorado Health Care Association, Worksite Enforcement & Immigration Options for Employers, September 2008.
- Lorman Educational Services, Worksite Enforcement & Compliance with Colorado Immigration Laws, March 2007, October 2007, March 2008 and January 2011.