Meghan E. Pound
Member, Health Law Practice Group Leader
Meghan Pound leads Caplan & Earnest’s Health Law section. She has represented clients in federal and state courts, at both the trial and appellate levels, in administrative proceedings and in arbitrations. Ms. Pound has handled a wide variety of internal investigations, and represented individuals, partnerships, public entities, nonprofit corporations and hospitals. Additionally, her work includes a wide variety of litigation matters and she has particular experience in the defense of hospitals and other medical professionals accused of civil rights violations, employment discrimination, negligence relating to professional review and false claims act violations.
Ms. Pounds’s law practice experience has included:
- Obtaining a defense verdict for a school district accused of discriminating against a disabled student
- Obtaining a defense verdict for a hospital accused of abusing professional review proceedings to circumvent employment obligations
- Obtaining summary judgment in the United States Court for the District of Colorado for a hospital client on claims relating to EMTALA, negligent interference with contract and breach of contract
- Defending hospital employees, physicians and residents in medical malpractice claims
- Investigating claims of employer misconduct in a variety of workplace settings
- Representing defendants in federal civil rights actions
- Representing plaintiffs and defendants in breach-of-contract actions
- Representing licensed professionals before federal and state regulatory agencies in negotiations and hearings
- Representing hospitals in disputes over non-competition agreements and employment discrimination matters
- Defending physicians and health care entities against alleged violations of the False Claims Act, Stark and the Anti-Kickback Statute
Born and raised in Santa Fe, New Mexico, Ms. Pound graduated cum laude from Dartmouth College in 1998. She received her juris doctorate from Duke University School of Law in 2002.
In addition to her professional accomplishments, she lives in Lyons, Colorado, with her husband and two children, where she serves as a board member of the Lyons Emergency Assistance Fund, a non-profit organization that offers a human services safety net for those in need in the greater Lyons area.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D.
National Moot Court Board, Vice Chair
Law Journal: Duke Journal of Gender Law and Policy, Articles Editor
- Dartmouth College, B.A.
Recipient of Richter Research Grant
Professional Credentials & Memberships
- Member, Boulder County Bar Association, Professionalism Committee
- Board Member, Lyons Emergency Assistance Fund
Honors & Awards
- Colorado Super Lawyers, 2015-2021
- Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2012
- McConnell Siderius Fleischner Houghtaling & Craigmile LLC, Associate