Rohn K. Robbins
Rohn K. Robbins is a member of Caplan & Earnest’s Family Law section. Based in Eagle County, he has significant experience in family and domestic law, as well as managing civil litigation, business transactions, real estate and real estate development matters.
Mr. Robbins frequently appears in local and national media as an expert on legal issues. He has appeared on FOX, CNN, ESPN, CBS, C-Span, and MSNBC, and he has authored a weekly legal column for the past 25 years for the Vail Daily. He also has lectured extensively as part of continuing legal education for lawyers in the areas of real estate, development and legal ethics and he has moderated numerous forums on politics, current events and social issues.
Mr. Robbins also is active in philanthropic and community organizations. He was a 14-year member of the Colorado State Bar Ethics Committee and is a former board member of the Mountain Region of the Anti-Defamation League. He is the founder and chair of the Vail Valley Charitable Fund, a founding member and secretary of the Freedom Park Memorial Committee and the former board chair of the Vail Symposium.
Mr. Robbins earned bachelor’s degrees in biology, psychology and sociology from San Diego State University. All three degrees were earned magna cum laude and he was awarded membership in the Phi Kappa Phi (Interdisciplinary), Psi Chi (Psychology) and Alpha Kappa Delta (Sociology) honor societies. He earned his law degree cum laude from the University of San Diego School of Law, where he was a member of the San Diego Law Review. He is admitted to practice law in Colorado and California.
In addition to his legal and philanthropic endeavors, Mr. Robbins has two novels currently in print. He is married with two adult sons and is an active cyclist, skier and traveler.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D. (cum laude)
Member of the San Diego Law Review
- San Diego State University, B.A. degrees in Biology, Psychology & Sociology (magna cum laude)
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Psi Chi Honor Society
Alpha Kappa Delta Honor Society
Pro Bono & Volunteer Activities
- Former Board Member, Mountain Region of the Anti-Defamation League
- Founder & Chair of the Vail Valley Charitable Fund
- Founding Member & Secretary, Freedom Park Memorial Committee
- Former Board Chair, Vail Symposium
Professional Credentials & Memberships
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado
- Admitted to practice law in California
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted to practice law before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California