Sam Jones-Rogers represents school districts as part of Caplan & Earnest’s Education Law practice. Previously, Sam worked as a director of legal services and a staff attorney for the Colorado Association of School Boards, where she served as a resource for member school boards seeking assistance on general legal and policy matters. Sam also worked as a law clerk for a Texas-based firm, where she provided support around employment law, student rights, student disciplinary issues, school safety, governance, special education services, and various other education-related matters. Additionally, Sam served as a law clerk for both the University of Colorado – System Office of University Counsel, and the University of Texas System – Office of General Counsel.
Sam started her career as a guardian ad litem in Denver, representing and advocating for children’s best interests in dependency, neglect and truancy cases.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- Pomona College, B.A.
Professional Credentials & Activities
- Colorado Association of School Boards, Colorado Council of School Attorneys, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Member
- National School Board Association Council of School Attorneys, Member