Barbara H. Glogiewicz
Barbara Glogiewicz is an experienced attorney who specializes in litigation and health law practice groups. Ms. Glogiewicz has spent her career representing doctors, hospitals, dentists, and long-term care facilities in the defense of malpractice claims. She often works in complex and emotionally charged cases involving significant injuries including birth injury cases, spinal cord injury resulting in paraplegia or quadriplegia, and wrongful death claims. Additionally, she has tried dozens of medical malpractice cases to verdict in her practice of over 30 years.
In addition to her work with healthcare professionals, Ms. Glogiewicz is a frequent author and lecturer and often speaks to healthcare providers on a variety of subjects surrounding health care law, particularly related to documentation issues. She also provides risk management advice to health care organizations and has represented hospitals in peer review and credentialing matters.
Ms. Glogiewicz is a member of the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers that recognizes the top 1% of trial attorneys nationwide.
- University of Colorado Law School, J.D.
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, B.S in Nursing
Professional Credentials & Memberships
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Catholic Lawyers Guild
- Invited Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Former Member, Colorado Supreme Court Nominating Commission
Honors & Awards
- Top Lawyers in Colorado, Medical Malpractice Defense, 5280 Magazine, 2015-2018
- Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendant, 2010-2018
- Colorado Super Lawyers, 2007, 2009-2020
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers in Colorado, 2012, 2014-2018
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women Lawyers in Colorado, 2012-2018
- Fennemore Craig P.C., Director
- Cooper and Kelly, PC
- 17th Judicial District, Thomas Ensor, Judicial Clerk
- Rose Medical Center in Denver, RN