Craig Weinberg is a member of Caplan & Earnest’s Family Law/Divorce section. He has more than 30 years experience as an attorney in Colorado, bringing an in-depth knowledge of contract law, family law, business, real estate, and appellate work.
Mr. Weinberg has appeared and argued before the Colorado Supreme Court and the Colorado Court of Appeals. Mr. Weinberg also served as law clerk to the Hon. Judge Jose D.L. Marquez, Colorado Court of Appeals.
Mr. Weinberg earned his bachelor’s degree in marketing from the University of Colorado Boulder and his law degree from the University of Colorado School of Law. He has published several works including An Overview of Colorado Exemption Laws, 21 Colo. Law 1883, 1992; and Valuation and Division of Employee Stock Options In Divorce (co-author with Andrew C. Littman), 29 Colo. Law 61, 2000.
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D.
- University of Colorado Boulder, B.S.
Mr. Weinberg has served as counsel in a number of published appellate decisions, including:
- In re Marriage of Durie, 456 P.3d 463 (Colo. 2020)
- In re Marriage of Lohman, 361 P.3d 1110 (Colo. App. 2015)
- Shaw v. 17 W. Mill Street, LLC, 307 P.3d 1046 (Colo. 2013)
- Newflower Market, Inc. v. Cook, 229 P.3d 1058 (Colo. 2010)
- In re Marriage of Powell, 220 P.3d 952 (Colo. App. 2009)
- In re Marriage of Dale and Major, 87 P.3d 219 (Colo. App. 2004)
- In re Marriage of Balanson, 25 P.3d 28 (Colo. 2001)
- Magin v. DVCO Fuel Systems, Inc., 981 P.2d 673 (Colo. App. 1999)
- Childers v. Quartz Creek Land Company, 946 P.2d 534 (Colo. App. 1997)
- Rios v. Mireles, 937 P.2d 840 (Colo. App. 1996)
- In re Marriage of Rosenthal, 903 P.2d 1174 (Colo. App. 1995)
- Wiley v. Mayer, 876 P.2d 1260 (Colo. 1994)
Professional Credentials & Membership
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado
- Admitted to practice law before the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Admitted to practice law before the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Admitted to practice law before the U.S. Supreme Court