Justin Miller is a member of Caplan & Earnest’s Healthcare and Litigation practice groups. He specializes in representing government entities, not-for-profit corporations, small businesses, and individuals in complex litigation before state and federal tribunals.
Mr. Miller frequently counsels clients on risk management and conducts independent outside investigations on their behalf. His practice includes claims that concern personal injury, medical negligence, civil rights violations, charges of employment discrimination, commercial disputes, and construction defects.
Mr. Miller earned his J.D. from the University of Colorado Law School, where he was a merit scholar and graduated in the top third of his class. During law school, he was a member of the University of Colorado Mock Trial Team and the Barristers’ Council. He also assisted indigent clients obtain relief in both the civil and criminal context as a student practitioner for the Criminal Defense and Immigration Clinic. Mr. Miller earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of San Diego, where he graduated magna cum laude and was elected to the nation’s prestigious Phi Beta Kappa honor society.
In addition to the practice of law, Mr. Miller has extensive experience in the political sector. For several years, he served as the spokesman for elected officials and various local and national political organizations. Mr. Miller has on-the-record interview experience and is well-versed in crisis communications.
Mr. Miller is a Colorado native and returned to Caplan & Earnest as an associate attorney after previously working as a law clerk for the firm. In his spare time, he can be found skiing or exploring the outdoors with his loyal canine companion.
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D.
- University of San Diego, B.A. (Magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Presidential Scholar)
Honors & Awards
- Colorado Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” 2023
Professional Credentials & Activities
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Active 20-30 Children’s Foundation
- Member, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Denver City Attorney’s Office, Legal Fellow, 2016-2017
- Caplan and Earnest LLC, Law Clerk, 2015-2016
- Denver District Court, Intern for Judge Ann Frick, 2014