Sheryl K. Bridges
Sheryl Bridges is Special Counsel at Caplan & Earnest. She is an experienced attorney who specializes in health care law with expertise in professional licensing and defense of medical malpractice claims. She has also counseled clients on health care privacy regulations including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) as well as risk management, privacy and employment practices.
Sheryl also represents individuals and entities in the professional review process and has experience providing general-counsel type services to health care entities, small and large. She works with health care professionals from all areas of expertise including physicians, nurses (including advanced practice nurses), mental health providers, physical therapists, chiropractors, midwives, and acupuncturists. She is adept at navigating the regulatory arena licensed professionals face, having represented care providers in front of their respective licensing boards and the district and administrative courts.
With nearly 15 years of experience in health care law, Sheryl has co-authored two Medical Malpractice Law chapters in the Annual Survey of Colorado, presented on a number of health care law subjects and has been recognized by Denver’s 5280 magazine as a rising star and a SuperLawyer. She volunteers her services with the Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network (RMIAN), which allows her to utilize her Spanish skills while advocating on behalf of those who are unable to do so themselves. She further engages with her community as a member of the University of Colorado School of Medicine Admissions Committee and has also participated as a judge for law school legal competitions.
In addition to her professional accomplishments, Sheryl enjoys playing the piano and flute, staying active, and spending time with her husband and three children.
- George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, J.D.
- University of Colorado at Boulder, B.A. in Spanish for the Professions
Professional Credentials & Memberships
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District Court of Colorado and the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Healthcare, 2019-2020
- Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012-2017
- Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice (Defense), 2018-2020
- “Fraud and Abuse Update” (August 2019)
- “Update of Expectations for the Opioid Prescriber” (2018)
- “Medical Malpractice Developments in 2016” (February 2017)
- “Contingency Planning for Unavailable Medical Records” (December 2015)
- “Employment Decisions and Documentation” (July 2015)
- “Medical Malpractice Litigation” (January 2014)
- “Medical Records Law in Colorado” (June and October 2013)
- “Practicing with Professionalism” (August 2009, 2010)
Pro Bono & Community Activities
- Volunteer Attorney, Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network (RMIAN)
- Trustee, Escuela de Guadalupe, 2012-2019
- Past Mentor, University of Denver Sturm College of Law Mentoring Program
- Past Volunteer Judge, University of Denver Sturm College of Law legal competitions
- Mentor, 2015 Colorado Defense Lawyers Association of Trial Academy
- Member, Admissions Committee for the University of Colorado School of Medicine
News & Published Works
- Medical Malpractice Law Chapter, Annual Survey of Colorado Law, Co-author, 2014 & 2015