Terry Cipoletti is recognized for his experience advising clients on privacy matters, including hacking and ransomware events, theft, and unauthorized access and disclosures governed by HIPAA regulations and Colorado law. Known for his rigorous attention to detail, Mr. Cipoletti has developed a robust privacy practice over the last six years and has advised more than 100 clients across a number of industries on issues related to investigations and breach notifications, policies and procedures, risk analysis and risk management, training and compliance. He also represents clients before government agencies and regulatory bodies that are investigating privacy breach incidents.
As a member of Caplan & Earnest’s Health Law and Litigation sections, Mr. Cipoletti also defends and represents clients involved in civil litigation. For 17 years, he has defended a wide range of healthcare entities and professionals, including individual medical and mental health providers, hospitals, nonprofit and private practice clinics, correctional healthcare entities, dental companies, medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, behavioral health organizations, senior care centers and programs, skilled nursing facilities, and long-term care entities.
Mr. Cipoletti earned his bachelor’s degree from the College of William & Mary (Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society Mortar Board Honor Society) and his law degree from the University of Colorado Law School (Judge Alfred A. Arraj Scholarship, Sutcliffe Distinguished Service Award, OUTlaw Founder & President). He is admitted to practice law in Colorado and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. He is currently serving as a board member for Boulder County AIDS Project.
- University of Colorado Law School, J.D.
Recipient, Judge Alfred A. Arraj Scholarship, 1996-1997
Nominee, Sutcliffe Distinguished Service Award, 1998
Founder and President, OUTlaw, 1997-1999
- College of William & Mary, B.A.
Omicrom Delta Kappa Honor Society
Mortar Board Honor Society
Professional Credentials & Memberships
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Court of Colorado and the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Colorado Super Lawyers, 2020-2021
Pro Bono & Volunteer Activities
- Volunteer, Colorado Attorney Mentor Program
- Boulder Pride, Board of Directors, 2002-2007
- Boulder Pride, President, 2005-2006
- Volunteer, Boulder County AIDS Project, 1998-2003
- Fennemore Craig, P.C., Of Counsel
- Kennedy Childs P.C., Attorney and Shareholder