William Ahlstrand is Special Counsel at Caplan & Earnest. His expertise includes all aspects of banking and commercial law, corporate and business law, real estate, estate planning and probate. Additionally, he is an experienced litigator in creditor bankruptcy, real estate and business disputes, and has been involved in substantial loan workouts, and multimillion-dollar bond financings and real estate transactions.
Mr. Ahlstrand is active in the community, and his professional associations include the Board of Boulder People’s Clinic, Boulder Rotary Club, Boulder Rotary Foundation, Boulder Baseball, Inc., and the Boulder County Bar Foundation. He began his Colorado practice as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard P. Matsch with the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado. Mr. Ahlstrand has been admitted to practice law in Colorado, Nebraska, California, the U.S. District Courts for the District of Colorado and the District of Nebraska, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
- University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, B.A.
Professional Credentials & Activities
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado, Nebraska and California
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, the U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, Boulder Rotary Club
- Former President, Board of Boulder People’s Clinic
- Former President, Boulder Baseball, Inc.
- Treasurer and Member of the Board of Directors, Boulder County Bar Foundation
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard P. Matsch, U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General