1800 Broadway, Suite 200
Boulder, CO 80302-5289
Kristin C. Edgar
Member, Education Law Practice Leader
Kristin Edgar specializes in representing Caplan and Earnest’s institutional and corporate clients, including school districts, county hospitals and health services districts. She has counseled clients in a variety of matters, including the powers and duties of boards and board members, policy development, employment, open records and open meetings laws, and many other matters related to the day-to-day operations of private and public entities. Kristin also has extensive experience in real estate and construction, and has assisted clients with all aspects of real property acquisition and leasing.
Kristin maintains memberships in the Colorado and Boulder Bar Associations, and with the Colorado Council of School Board Attorneys. She earned a number of distinctions during her law school career at the University of Colorado, including Order of the Coif and the Benjamin S. Galland and Bernard J. Seeman scholarships. For her practice at Caplan and Earnest, she has been named a Colorado Rising Star multiple times.
In her free time, Kristin enjoys reading and spending time with her husband and two daughters.
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D.
Order of the Coif
Benjamin S. Galland Scholarship
Bernard J. Seeman Scholarship
Law Review, Member
- Amherst College, B.A.
Magna cum laude
Seminars & Presentations
- Beyond the School House Gate: Discipline for Off-Campus Conduct
- Student Dress Code and the First Amendment
- Reefer Madness: Marijuana and the Workplace
- Child Abuse Reporting for Schools
- Student Records and Information Sharing
- Investigating Employee Misconduct
Associations & Memberships
- Boulder Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Council of School Board Attorneys
- Boulder County District Attorney, Deputy District Attorney
- Colorado Supreme Court, Justice Nancy Rice, Law Clerk
Honors & Awards
Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012-2016