Kristin C. Edgar
Member, Education Law Practice
Kristin Edgar is the leader for the Caplan & Earnest Education Law Practice. She specializes in representing institutional and corporate clients, including school districts, county hospitals and health services districts. She has counseled clients in a variety of matters, including the powers and duties of boards and board members, policy development, employment, open records and open meetings laws, and many other matters related to the day-to-day operations of private and public entities. Additionally, she has extensive experience in real estate and construction, and has assisted clients with all aspects of real property acquisition and leasing.
Ms. Edgar earned a number of distinctions during her law school career at the University of Colorado, including Order of the Coif and the Benjamin S. Galland and Bernard J. Seeman scholarships. She has also been named a Colorado Rising Star multiple times during her practice at Caplan and Earnest.
In addition to her professional accomplishments, Ms. Edgar enjoys reading and spending time with her husband and two daughters.
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D.
Order of the Coif
Benjamin S. Galland Scholarship
Bernard J. Seeman Scholarship
Member, Law Review
- Amherst College, B.A.
Magna cum laude
Professional Credentials & Memberships
- Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012-2016
- Law Week Colorado “Barrister’s Best” Award, 2019
- Member, Boulder Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Council of School Board Attorneys
- Boulder County District Attorney, Deputy District Attorney
- Colorado Supreme Court, Justice Nancy Rice, Law Clerk